Our nervous system consists of two anatomic parts, central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. Neurological disorders are the types of diseases that affect the brain and the central nervous systems. To understand the signs and symptoms of neurological problems, it is important to distinguish between the different types of neurological disorders.
The symptoms of neurological symptoms often originate in the peripheral nervous system and include burning, numbness, prickling sensations, muscle weakness or paralysis, and sensitivity. If you notice any of the symptoms of neurological disorders, you must reach out to the best Neuro hospital in Hyderabad.
Neurological Disorders Symptoms
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of a nervous system disorder may include persistent or sudden onset of a headache, weakness of muscle strength, loss of sight or double vision, memory loss and impaired mental ability.
According to the doctors, neurological disorders often originate in the peripheral nervous system and may be caused by a local injury or a systemic illness that affects your entire body. As a result of the pain, a more complex condition is felt in different parts of your body.
Neurological symptoms such as carpal tunnel syndrome occur when a nerve is compressed and deprived of proper blood flow. Diabetes is a common cause of nerve disorders and the result of nerve damage from high blood sugar. There are few Neurological symptoms which can stem from autoimmune diseases or viruses such as the human immunodeficiency virus.
The symptoms caused due to the malfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system may interrupt involuntary actions such as breathing, swallowing, bladder control, or perspiration accompanied by symptoms of low blood pressure, such as dizziness or vertigo, or loss of consciousness.
Causes of Neurological Disorders
The causes of neurological disorder symptoms are as varied as the nervous system itself. A common origin for neurological symptoms is the peripheral nervous system. This transmits sensory signals from the rest of the body to the central nervous system. Diabetes is known as one of the common causes of nerve disorders. Neurological symptoms can also stem from autoimmune diseases, or from infection with viruses such as human immunodeficiency virus. There are also various lifestyle-related causes such as Infections, Genetics, Nutrition-related causes, Environmental influences and Physical injuries.
What are the Top 5 Neurological Disorders?
Here Mentioned are Some of the Well-Known Neurological Disorders:-
- HeadacheIt is one of the most common neurological disorders. And, there are a variety of different kinds of headaches. For example, migraines, cluster headaches, and tension headaches. If headaches occur repeatedly, you should see a doctor, as it could be a symptom of an underlying condition. High blood pressure, infections, temporal arteritis and tumors are some of the common conditions that can cause recurring headaches.
- StrokeStroke is a medical condition which occurs when you experience damage to the brain as a result of arteries leading to and within the brain becoming impaired. It can be quite difficult to anticipate a stroke. However, there are few signs which indicate that you may be having a stroke such as Blurred vision, Confusion, trouble speaking, or understanding, Dizziness or loss of balance, Numbness or weakness especially on one side of the body and severe headache.In people who have experienced a stroke, it becomes the priority of the doctors to help them prevent a second stroke. It is often done through medication which can include blood thinners or drugs to treat any underlying heart problems, but it depends on your particular situation. To lower your stroke risk exercising is important. And, also by following a healthy diet you can reduce the chances of stroke.
- SeizuresSeizure is a type of neurological disorder which is described as the changes in the brain’s electrical activity. The signs and symptoms of a seizure can vary depending on the severity of your seizure. Some of the common symptoms include emotional symptoms, such as fear and anxiety, lack of awareness, temporary confusion and uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs.If you have suffered seizure medical conditions, it is important to see your doctor. Early treatment and medication can control your seizures. Thereby, helping you to avoid long-term complications such as memory loss and brain damage. Many a times, a seizure is often the result of epilepsy. But, it can also happen due to alcohol abuse or withdrawal, head trauma that causes an area of bleeding in the brain, high fever and lack of sleep.
- Parkinson’s DiseaseThis type of neurological disorder is a progressive nervous system disorder that can affects your movement. It begins affecting people around age 60. Its symptoms gradually worsens over time. Common symptoms include constipation which can occur at any time during Parkinson’s disease, sometimes even decades before you experience motor symptoms.Some of the other symptoms are muscle stiffness which can occur throughout your body and reduced smell. And, especially in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease, your face may begin showing little or no expression, your speech can become soft or slurred.
- DementiaDementia is a group of diseases that may cause your brain to fail. It becomes increasingly more likely as you age which leads to continuous loss of brain tissue. This disorder can affect behavior, emotions, memory, perceptions and thinking.Apart from the ones mentioned above there is another neurologic disorder known as POTS. The POTS disease causes dizziness and fainting. And, it worsens due to lack of awareness and inadequate treatment.
Neurological Disorders Treatment
There are medical drug options available for the treatment. These medicines can help you or your loved ones to better manage your condition, minimize symptoms and improve your quality of life at the same time. There are other treatment facililities for which you must consult the doctors of some of the best Neuro hospital in Hyderabad.