Thyroid disease is a type of disease that can affect anyone be it men, women, infants, teenagers and the elderly. However, a woman is about five to eight times more likely to be diagnosed with a thyroid condition than a man. It can be present at birth and can even develop as you age. If your body makes too much thyroid hormone, it is called hyperthyroidism. While if your body makes too little thyroid hormone, it’s called hypothyroidism. Both these types of medical conditions are serious and need to be treated by your healthcare provider in the best endocrinology hospital in Hyderabad.
Some of the risky factors of thyroid include a family history of thyroid disease, pernicious anemia, type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
What are the Early Warning Signs of Thyroid Problems?
There are various signs that suggest the presence of thyroid problem such as:-
- High Heart Rate
An extremely high heart rate can be a symptom of thyroid issues such as hyperthyroidism. If the thyroid is producing too many hormones, blood pressure can increase, thus, leading to an elevated heart rate. It can be quite tough to calculate your own resting heart rate. However, smartphones equipped with Health apps can assist you. If the heartbeat is between 60 and 100 beats per minute, it is considered normal. But, if you find that your heart rate is over 100 beats per minute, you must reach out to a doctor.
- Excessive TirednessIf your heart and blood pressure are not functioning fast enough, you might experience excessive feelings of exhaustion. This medical condition is often associated with hypothyroidism and is commonly the first sign of trouble. Therefore, excessive sleep and staying awake in the morning should be taken seriously.
- Weight Gain or LossOne of the most common signs of thyroid problems is excessive weight gain or loss. If the weight gain is rapid, and you are unable to burn the calories needed to maintain a healthy weight, it could be an indicator of low thyroid function.
What are the Symptoms of Thyroid Problems in Females?
- Pregnancy Related IssueThe thyroid is responsible for making hormones that help your body work. If too little or too much of hormones is created, you may have problems during pregnancy. If you have been wondering about, how does thyroid effect on pregnancy, the answer is that it can lead to premature birth, miscarriage and even stillbirth. However, if your thyroid condition is treated well during pregnancy, you can have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Menstrual Issues
Thyroid medical condition can lead to menstrual cycle problems. If a woman is suffering from improper functioning of the thyroid gland, it can lead to prolonged or scanty menstrual flow.
- High Cholesterol LevelsWomen with an imbalanced thyroid hormone levels may suffer from high cholesterol. Thyroid hormones are responsible for metabolism, therefore, an imbalance causes damage on heart health due to high cholesterol levels.
The above mentioned are some of the crucial thyroid effects in females.
Some other Symptoms of Thyroid:-
- Poor Mental AgilityHigher or lower levels of thyroid hormones can leave the person feeling lethargic with poor concentration. If the problem is left untreated over a period of time, it can even lead to issues such as depression.
- Nervousness and TremorsAn overactive thyroid gland can also be the cause of feeling of nervousness and tremors in the person suffering from it. So, if you notice such medical conditions, you must take it in a serious way and try seeking for a medical consultation.
There are often discussions about, is a thyroid problem serious? It may be a serious problem in certain cases, because it leads to various other medical conditions. There are treatment and medications for thyroid problem that can help to treat the disease.
To know more about the Thyroid effects in females, you may get in touch with a reputed endocrinologist.