- Writer of many short stories (About 150), published 5 short story collections, 4 Novels, and 3 Health education books. Translator of world famous books “Where there is no doctor”& “Where women have no doctor” and “Where there is no Psychiatrist” and 3 books of “National Book Trust of India” –into Telugu.
- Wrote a column in Vanitha, a women’s magazine of Chandamama group of publications, with the title Arogya Vijayalu.
- Organized many literary programs and service activities.
- As president of many service and women organizations, organized many free health camps, General, Heart, Eye, Dental, Dermatology and gynec. Camps- beneficiaries-around 50,000 conducted free cleft lip, eye surgeries camps beneficiaries 123 & 130, and eye, dental, dermatology screening of 20,000 school children.
- Extending free Ob./Gy. Services, conducting free deliveries, including C.S. and F.P. Surgeries -25-100/year since 15 years- beneficiaries-about 500.
- As President, Indian Medical Association(IMA), Kakinada unit, started free health clinic to cater health services to the poor on 1st Sunday of every month.
- As President, Rotary club Golden Jubilee, Conducted many free health camps as part of community service, including free cleft lip surgeries camp, free Cataract surgeries camp, Mega Dental camp, Mega Cardiac camp with the cooperation of doctors from NIMS, Hyderabad, School health services in which about 20, 000 school children received dental, dermatology and eye check ups.
- As President, Rotary Blood Bank, conducted many camps.
- As Vice-chairman of Dist. Unit of Indian Red cross society, conducted free gynec. clinic on every Tuesday for several years.
- As Project coordinator, Urban Health Centre, Kakinada, extended extra services to the stake holders including several specialty health check up camps and health awareness Programs for the community and the center was ranked the best center in the District.
- Winner of World Bank’s Project’s competition- Project titled “Adolescent girls as promoters of basics in feminine hygiene, nutrition and health” was one of the 20 winning projects of world bank’s India Development marketplace–IDM-2004 Projects competition, out of around 1500 projects submitted from all over India, and after implementation, adjudged by world Bank, as one of the 5 best implemented projects among 20 winning projects –2008.
- Success story was published in Dainik Jagran, a Hindi daily with highest circulation and world bank made a documentary on these 5 best implemented projects with the title “Five success stories”.
- As Chairperson, Women’s wing, IMA, A.P.Stats unit and member representing south in National unit of IMA, actively involved in the decisions made by respective units of IMA, also conducted Cancer screening camps for women and Antenatal check ups.
- As Founder and President, Rotary “Asraya”, an old age home for women and short stay home for harassed women, extended health services to the residents as well as members of the community.
Received many Awards from Government and literary, service, and women organizations, for literary and service activities and activities related to women Empowerment.
Here are health and service related awards:
- Award of Excellence in “ MAHILA ABHYUDAYA RANGAM ” by Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad-1993
- Award for Best Health Education book by Indian Medical Association, State Branch twice-1992 and 1993
- BEST COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD, R.I.Dist.3020- 2002
- Award for Social service by Dist Administration on the eve of Independence Day-2002
- Award of appreciation by the Governor, A.P. for conducting free Ob./Gy. Clinic on every Tuesday on behalf Indian Red cross Society-2003
- Award for Social service by Dist Administration on the eve of Republic Day-2004
- Vaidya Siromani Award from Megacity Nava kala vedika, Hyderabad-2004
- Award for Social Service by Dist. Women Development and Child Welfare Department-2008